A taste of the islands, this pineapple coconut bread recipe combines your favorite
two ingredients into a sweet loaf that takes about 10 minutes prep.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Pineapple Coconut Bread
I love anything with pineapple, and this sweet pineapple coconut loaf is no exception.
Try this coconut bread recipe that is infused with a sweet pineapple flavor and you’ll feel like you’ve taken a trip to the tropics.
The pineapple and coconut flavors together combine perfectly for what will feel like a slice of cake, packaged into a sweet mini loaf of bread.
It’s easy to whip together in about 10 minutes, including toasting the coconut, making this recipe really easy.
And the toasted coconut, oh it’s so yummy!
Once the prep is ready, you’ll just bake it for 40 minutes for mini loaves or just over an hour for a full sized loaf. You can serve it warm as a dessert or for breakfast or store and serve in the next couple of days.
I love making bread in mini loaf pans. It cuts down the cooking time and makes them easier to share.
It’s perfect that I can make just one recipe and give a mini loaf to a neighbor or friend. Or, we’ll share the first loaf after it cools and still have leftovers untouched!
When you are longing to be in Hawaii – make up a batch of this Pineapple & Coconut bread and enjoy a mini escape from the daily routines.
You can enjoy this for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or as a side to Hawaiian meatballs.
Pineapple & Coconut Loaf Recipe
Pineapple & Coconut Bread
Yield 4 mini loaves
A taste of the islands, this pineapple coconut bread recipe combines your favorite two ingredients into a sweet loaf that takes about 10 minutes prep.
Makes 4 mini loaves or 1 large loaf.
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour all purpose
- 1 can (17 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour a 9" loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Spread an even layer of coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, around 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to combine.
- Add sour cream, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Then add flour slowly, mixing until combined.
- Fold in crushed pineapple and 1 cup of the toasted coconut into batter.
- Fill loaf pans with batter. Sprinkle remaining toasted coconut on top of the batter.
- Bake a large loaf pan for 65-70 minutes, (mini loaves bake approximately 40 minutes) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 15 min . Then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size 1/2 a mini loaf
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 26.2 g
Saturated Fat 17.6 g
Cholesterol 113 mg
Sodium 380 mg
Total Carbohydrates 47.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
Sugars 36.6 g
Protein 4.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.