A taste of the islands, this pineapple coconut bread recipe combines your favorite
two ingredients into a sweet loaf that takes about 10 minutes prep.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Pineapple Coconut Bread
I love anything with pineapple, and this pineapple coconut sweet loaf is no exception.
The pineapple and coconut flavors together combine perfectly for what will feel like a slice of cake, packaged into a sweet mini loaf of bread.
It’s easy to whip together in about 10 minutes, including toasting the coconut, making this recipe really easy.
I love making bread in mini loaf pans. It cuts down the cooking time and makes them easier to share.
It’s perfect that I can make just one recipe and give a mini loaf to a neighbor or friend. Or, we’ll share the first loaf after it cools and still have leftovers untouched!
When you are longing to be in Hawaii – make up a batch of this Pineapple & Coconut bread and enjoy a mini escape from the daily routines.
Pineapple & Coconut Loaf Recipe
Pineapple & Coconut Bread
Yield 1 loaf
A taste of the islands, this pineapple coconut bread recipe combines your favorite two ingredients into a sweet loaf that takes about 10 minutes prep.
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour all purpose
- 1 can (17 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour a 9" loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Spread an even layer of coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, around 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to combine.
- Add sour cream, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Then add flour slowly, mixing until combined.
- Fold in crushed pineapple and 1 cup of the toasted coconut into batter.
- Fill loaf pans with batter. Sprinkle remaining toasted coconut on top of the batter.
- Bake a large loaf pan for 65-70 minutes, (mini loaves bake approximately 40 minutes) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 15 min . Then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.