A taste of the islands, this pineapple coconut bread recipe combines your favorite
two ingredients into a sweet loaf that takes about 10 minutes prep.
Click HERE to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Oh, my how I love my sweets. I’ll incorporate sweet ingredients into anything that makes sense. And bread definitely qualifies.
In fact, that makes me think of the recent Peach Drink recipe I shared. Inspired by a dessert, by made as a drink. That’s just my style.
Because really, what’s life without desserts like these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, complete with an Oreo crust!
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Pineapple Coconut Bread
I love anything with pineapple, and this sweet pineapple coconut loaf is no exception.
Try this coconut bread recipe that is infused with a sweet pineapple flavor and you’ll feel like you’ve taken a trip to the tropics.
The pineapple and coconut flavors together combine perfectly for what will feel like a slice of cake, packaged into a sweet mini loaf of bread.
How to Make Pineapple Coconut Bread:
- It’s easy to whip together in about 10 minutes, including toasting the coconut, making this recipe really easy.
- And the toasted coconut, which is just one more simple step, oh it’s so yummy!
- Once the prep is ready, you’ll just bake it for 40 minutes for mini loaves or just over an hour for a full sized loaf.
- You can serve this pineapple coconut bread warm as a dessert or for breakfast or store and serve in the next couple of days.
I love making bread in mini loaf pans. It cuts down the cooking time and makes them easier to share.
It’s perfect that I can make just one recipe and give a mini loaf to a neighbor or friend. Or, we’ll share the first loaf after it cools and still have leftovers untouched!
When you are longing to be in Hawaii – make up a batch of this Pineapple & Coconut bread and enjoy a mini escape from the daily routines.
You can enjoy this for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or as a side to Hawaiian meatballs.
FAQ’S about this Pineapple Coconut Bread:
Q: Can I use fresh pineapple in pineapple coconut bread?
A: Yes, you can use fresh pineapple. You’ll want to be sure to avoid all core areas and then mash it up with a food processor or fork. Then, strain out as much juice as you can.
Q: How do you make toasted coconut?
A: To toast coconut, just spread an even layer of sweetened shredded coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, tossing occasionally. Then use it in this amazing Pineapple & Coconut Loaf recipe!
Q: I don’t like coconut, can I substitute it for something else in this Pineapple Bread?
A: If you don’t like coconut, I would substitute in a favorite nut variety, instead. Maybe walnuts, almonds, or macadamia nuts. Or just leave it out all together. It will loose some of the texture, but still have great flavor.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and share your experiences in the comments to help others that may have the same question.
If you love this Pineapple Coconut Loaf recipe, spend a few minutes to see these other sweet bread recipes that will be an amazing part of your recipe collection!
- Our Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is the obvious next choice! It’s sweet and right alongside this pineapple loaf in the citrus family. Plus, it has a glaze!
- Another irresistible favorite, and one of our most popular recipes, is this Cream Cheese Banana Bread! It’s so soft and just the perfect texture.
- Another fun, and fruity, dessert bread is this Pear Bundt Cake that needs only 4-ingredients.
- Plus, I’m totally droolin’ over these Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins over on A Mom’s Take.
Connect with A Mom’s Take on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Pineapple & Coconut Loaf Recipe
Pineapple & Coconut Bread
Yield 4 mini loaves
A taste of the islands, this pineapple coconut bread recipe combines your favorite two ingredients into a sweet loaf that takes about 10 minutes prep.
Makes 4 mini loaves or 1 large loaf.
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour all purpose
- 1 can (17 ounce) crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour a 9" loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Spread an even layer of coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, around 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to combine.
- Add sour cream, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Then add flour slowly, mixing until combined.
- Fold in crushed pineapple and 1 cup of the toasted coconut into batter.
- Fill loaf pans with batter. Sprinkle remaining toasted coconut on top of the batter.
- Bake a large loaf pan for 65-70 minutes, (mini loaves bake approximately 40 minutes) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 15 min . Then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size 1/2 a mini loaf
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 26.2 g
Saturated Fat 17.6 g
Cholesterol 113 mg
Sodium 380 mg
Total Carbohydrates 47.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
Sugars 36.6 g
Protein 4.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.