Click HERE to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
I love banana bread. It’s a feel good snack that’s filling and everyone in my home will gobble up.
By adding cream cheese, this banana bread recipe is so soft and creamy.
It feels more like you’re eating a slice of cake than bread.
The creamy taste and texture is different than most banana breads.
Once you try it, you’ll never go back.
It makes this bread so yummy!
I like to bake my banana bread in 4-cavity mini loaf pans so they are sized just right for snacking.
How to Make Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- This recipe all starts by creaming together your butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Next, you add in your wet ingredients and basic baking ingredients including eggs, milk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- From there, you’ll add in your flour and then your mashed ripe bananas and additional flour.
- I like to butter my mini bread loaf pans and then sprinkle with flour so the banana bread doesn’t stick to the loaf pans. Then, fill in the pans and bake!
Just slice, dab on a small slab of butter, and eat away.
Just a warning, you will want seconds… and thirds.
FAQ’s About This Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe:
Q: Can I make banana bread in a large bread loaf pan?
A: Yes, you can make banana bread in a large loaf pan, mini loaf pan, or even a muffin pan. You’ll just need to adjust your cooking times based on the overall individual size of your end result. For example, muffins will cook faster than mini loaves.
Q: Does banana bread need time to rise?
A: No, you won’t need to wait for banana bread to rise. Just fill up your loaf pans and bake!
Q: What kind of mix-ins would be yummy in banana bread?
A: Adding mix-ins can be a fun way to add variety to this yummy banana bread! A few starter ideas include adding chocolate chips, brown sugar, dried fruit, nuts, or even some cinnamon sugar!
Q: Can I make this substitution to the cream cheese banana bread?
A: I follow this recipe as written, so I don’t have experience with a wide range of possible substitutions. In most cases, if you are switching in a product you often use in place of one of the listed ingredients it should work just fine!
Don’t be afraid to experiment and share your experiences in the comments to help others that may have the same question.
If you love this Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe, you’ll have to pop over to see these other amazing bread recipes to add to your recipe box!
- Try another tasty almost dessert like recipe in this Sweet Pineapple Coconut Bread. It’s topped with a toasted coconut!
- There might not be anything better than a warm lemon poppy seed bread topped with a sweet glaze!
- This easy 4-Ingredient Pear Bundt Cake is another fun recipe to add to your collection. It’s so easy to make and feels fancy but only takes 5 minutes prep!
- A really fun side dish to accompany your favorite dinner recipe is our easy Italian Garlic Cheese Rolls.
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes for
amazing recipes on your favorite social channel!
You can find us on:
Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
Yield 4 Mini Loaves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 4 small ripe bananas (2-3 large)
- Cream together butter, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt, and mix until well combined.
- Add in 1 and 1/2 cups of flour, and stir until well blended.
- Mash your ripe bananas, then add them to the mixture with the remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Mix until well combined.
- Butter 4 mini bread loaf pans. Sprinkle a little flour in each, and shake to spread the flour along the edges.
- Use your 1 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into your mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
If using one large or two medium loaf pans in place of mini muffin pans, start with 50 minutes baking time, and check every couple of minutes until done.