This sweet Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread recipe with lemon juice, zest,
poppy seeds, a cake-like batter, plus a powdered sugar glaze is dream worthy.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Indulge in this sweet lemon poppy seed loaf – topped with a powdered sugar glaze.
The two flavors of lemon and poppy seed combine perfectly to bring you an irresistible bread.
Serve it as a dessert or breakfast – either way works great.
These two tools make it a cinch to prepare your lemons for the recipe. They’re priceless kitchen gadgets that you’ll end up using all the time! I use the zester for grading hard cheeses, too.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
Lemon Bread Ingredients:
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325*F. Grease 9" loaf pan, or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, sour cream, milk, and poppy seeds.
- Mix in baking powder until just combined. Slowly add flour, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into your prepared baking pan or mini loaf pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes, (mini loaves bake approximately 40 minutes) or until a toothpick comes out clean for a full sized loaf pan.
- Let cool for 20 min, then transfer to wire rack.
- While cooling, mix powdered sugar and water together to create a glaze. Glaze the bread when cooled completely.