This mini skillet cookie is incredibly delicious and a perfect way to satisfy cravings quickly and without leftovers. It’s one of my go-to favorite desserts that’s easy to make when you have a chocolate craving!
Can we just agree that skillet chocolate chip cookies just hit different? They are perfectly crunchy and chewy and the same time. This one comes in a mini size perfect for 2! Or you know to eat as a single serving cookie, I’m not judging.
Affiliate links included below.
This mini chocolate chip cookie is quick and easy to make. best of all? It only needs a handful of ingredients you probably already have around.
How to make a mini skillet cookie:
The great thing about this cookie is that’s just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. No leftovers, no extra cookies tempting around. Plus, this is such an easy dessert to make in minutes!
- Start by mixing the softened butter with the sugar and the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. The combo of white sugar and brown sugar is what creates that perfectly chewy/crunchy combo.
- Then add the egg, a tiny bit of vanilla extract.
- Now, add the dry ingredients. Incorporate the flour, mixing until .
- Finally add the chocolate chips to the flour mixture. The more the merrier. Use semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into small cast iron skillets.
A cast iron 6 inch skillet is the perfect size for this recipe! You can use a 5-inch or whatever size pan you have, though. Just adjust the ingredients to fill your pan!
- Take to a preheated oven to bake for around 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown with a gooey center. The baking time will vary based on elevation and different oven wattage.
Mini Skillet Cookies
Toppings & Variations
I highly recommended adding a scoop of ice cream – it makes the perfect dessert! We usually add a big ol’ scoop of vanilla ice cream, but other flavors can work, too!
You can also mix and match cookie flavors! Try a peanut butter skillet cookie using our 4-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe!
Or, for a fun twist, try roughly chopping peanut butter cups and adding them in place of chocolate chips! Give mini chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or chocolate chunks a try for more variety.
For toppings – try drizzling with homemade caramel sauce — YUM!! We also love it with hot fudge sauce drizzled on top.
Of course, you can go big with a bigger skillet and make a big cookie treat! Just increase the bake time to make sure it’s cooked through, but still has that gooey cookie with crispy edges.
Keep playing around with different cookie fillings, toppings, and combinations until you find the best way for your group! I usually make a big batch of cookie batter, then let the kids make their own cookie skillet creations adding whatever mix-ins they want (and toppings, too!).
Extra dough freezes beautifully, so don’t worry about making too much cookie dough.
FAQ’s about making a mini chocolate chip skillet cookie from scratch
Q: Is this the same as a pizookie?
A: Yes! Just like a single serving version of it. some people call them pizookies and others prefer the term skillet cookie. Both are the same.
Q: What toppings and mix ins go better with it?
A: I love chocolate chips! But you can also use peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts or a combination of all of them. Even mini marshmallows go great with this recipe.
Q: Can you use store bought cookie dough?
Of course! Premade cookie dough is an easy shortcut for making mini skillet cookies!
Q: Can you double the recipe to make more?
A: Totally! The great thing about this recipe is that you can double or triple it easily to make more mini skillet cookies or even a large one.
IF YOU LOVE THIS MINI SKILLET COOKIE RECIPE, SPEND A FEW MINUTES CHECKING OUT THESE OTHER AMAZING RECIPES YOU’LL ALSO LOVE:
- Make some easy Oreo Truffles! They are one of the easiest and most delicious recipes ever!
- And definitely go check these copycat take 5 pretzel bites that are packed with peanut butter, caramel and chocolate.
- These No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars are a huge hit anytime of the year!
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Mini Skillet Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the softened butter with the sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and mix until just incorporated. Add the chocolate chips.
- Press into a small cast iron skillet (a 6 inches one will work great).
- Take to the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until done with a golden brown top and a slightly gooey chocolate chip cookie center!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 4g