Make a homemade delicious Take 5 Candy Bars with this yummy, easy copycat Take 5 Pretzel Bites recipe! Layers of pretzels, peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Copycat Take 5 Pretzel Bites
Seriously. My favorite candy bar. It’s sweet and salty and all the perfect layers.
And really, it’s not that hard to recreate when you already have a stash of homemade caramel sauce ready and waiting.
Just layer, freeze, layer, freeze, layer and EAT! I can handle that!
If you’ve ever tried a pretzel bite before, these copycat take 5 pretzel bites trump them all. By a long shot.
Try to eat just one. I dare you.
Copycat Take 5 Pretzel Bites Recipe
- 24 snaps pretzels
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Homemade Caramel Sauce (go grab this recipe. you need it in your life.)
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- Lay out 2 dozen pretzels on a freezer-safe baking sheet or plate.
- Spread peanut butter onto each pretzel with a butter knife or spoon. This is easier if you pick up each pretzel spread, and then return to the baking sheet. Freeze* pretzels for half an hour to harden the peanut butter.
- Warm your caramel sauce, if needed, for 15-20 seconds in the microwave. Spoon a small drizzle of caramel sauce onto each bite on the tray. Return to freezer* and cool for another half hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler, or in a pinch heat in the microwave stirring every 30 second until melted. Drizzle chocolate over each bite. Alternatively, you can dip the whole bite into the chocolate, if desired. Freeze for a half hour to allow the chocolate to harden, then serve.
*The freezing steps are optional, but will make your bites easier to assemble and enjoy.
Recipe inspired by Take 5 candy bars.