This is the easiest carrot sheet cake you’ll ever make! Fluffy, spiced and so moist, it’s made using only one large or medium bowl and in less than 1 hour. The best way to use those carrots that are about to go bad. This carrot cake sheet cake recipe is a perfect compliment to your Easter dinner!
Click HERE to save this recipe on Pinterest!
I’m a huge fan of carrot cake: it’s spiced, moist, flavorful, fluffy… It’s the type of cake that’s perfect year round and that you an serve as a dessert or as an indulgent mid afternoon snack with a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
However, baking a layer cake from scratch can be quite time consuming right? Well, not anymore! This carrot cake is actually super easy to make and takes less than 1 hour and the only thing you need is 1 bowl and a sheet pan. Can we just agree that 1 bowl recipes are the best?
How to make a sheet pan carrot cake:
Making this carrot cake from scratch is as easy as a cake can be! You only need a handful ingredients and one large bowl (that’s right, no separate bowl needed!):
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a sheet pan or baking pan. You can also use parchment paper here for a really clean, easy to remove sheet cake!
- Then grab a bowl. Mix the sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil together and beat in the eggs. Once the eggs are incorporated add your dry ingredients — the all purpose flour, spices and baking powder. Plus, add the optional vanilla extract, if desired.
- Finally fold in the shredded carrots with the help of a rubber spatula into your sugar, egg, and flour mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and take to the oven. The baking time will be 25 to 30 minutes, or until done. Use a wooden pick in the center of the cake and check for it to come out clean to make sure it’s done! Sometimes, we make a couple mini carrot cake with the batter in a ramekin!
- Let the cake cool down completely and decorate with cream cheese frosting or even store-bought buttercream. While the cake cools, you can mix up frosting!
- Bonus Tip: You can transfer the cake to a wire rack by placing the rack on top of the sheet pan. Then, just flip over the pan. This will allow the bottom and top of the cake to cool evenly for a delicious carrot sheet cake! It’s really the perfect dessert with both sweet and perfectly spiced with easy no-fuss prep.
FAQ’s about making this easy carrot sheet cake recipe:
Q: Can I use butter instead of oil in carrot cake?
A: You can use melted butter if you prefer! The oil however helps in keeping the cake super moist and soft longer.
Q: How do you shred carrots for carrot cake?
A: I prefer to pulse them in a food processor so they are finely shredded. I’m not a huge fan of finishing huge carrot pieces inside my carrot cake. However if you prefer a more rustic cake or like the carrot texture you can use a grater.
Q: How can I store carrot cake?
A: The great thing about this moist carrot sheet cake is that it stays fresh longer! You can keep it in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 days and refrigerated for up to 4 days. You can also freeze your frosted cake! Just take from the freezer to the refrigerator 5 hours before eating it.
IF YOU LOVE THIS CARROT CAKE RECIPE, SPEND A FEW MINUTES CHECKING OUT THESE OTHER AMAZING CAKE AND QUICK BREAD RECIPES YOU’LL ALSO LOVE:
- If you are craving something as easy as this recipe make sure to check this 4-ingredient pear bundt cake!
- And check this sweet pineapple coconut bread that’s so fluffy and delicious!
- Or if you are craving something incredibly indulgent make sure to check these pumpkin pie layer bars.
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Easiest Carrot Cake
Easiest Carrot Sheet Cake
This is the easiest carrot cake you'll ever make! Fluffy, spiced and so moist, it's made using only one bowl and in less than 1 hour. The best way to use those carrots that are about to go bad.
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp allspice
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup carrot, grated
- 1 Cup cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 Cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a sheet pan and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the oil with both sugars. Add the eggs and beat until incorporated.
- Slowly mix in the flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt and baking powder. Plus vanilla, if desired.
- With the help of a spatula incorporate the grated carrots.
- Spread the batter into the prepared sheet pan and take to the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Decorate with the frosting and top with the chopped walnuts. Cut into bars and serve.
Leave a Reply