This cinnamon loaf bread is so indulgent and really easy to make. Incredibly fluffy and with the perfect hint of spicy cinnamon this is delicious as is or lightly toasted. Take any breakfast from boring to fabulous with a slice of this homemade loaf bread.
Click HERE to save this recipe on Pinterest!
There’s nothing quite as good as the scent that comes form the oven when you are baking this homemade cinnamon bread. The freshly baked homemade bread smell is one of my favorite things and the spiciness of the cinnamon sugar swirl will fill your home, I honestly believe that’s one of the most delicious things about the recipe.
Well that, and the fact that’s mind-blowing good! It’s super fluffy, incredibly satisfying and the perfect companion to jam and butter. Actually, this si so good you won’t even need the butter an jam. Just eat it as is or lightly toasted with a hot beverage on the side.
How to make cinnamon swirl bread recipe:
This is a pretty foolproof recipe (love those!) and it’s really easy to make, so if you are just getting started into yeast baking this is the recipe for you.
- Mix the warm or room temperature whole milk and yeast together with the other dry ingredients including sugar, salt, all purpose flour, and softened butter together and knead, either in a stand mixer or by hand, for around 7 minutes. Your dough should be soft and elastic.
- Cover the bread batter with a cloth or some plastic wrap and let the dough rest for around 1 hour. It should be super puffy, and have almost doubled in bulk. If you live somewhere cold let the dough rise for longer than 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle. Sprinkle the center of the loaf with the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll to shape a big log. Transfer to a baking pan and let it rest again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and brush the top of the bread with some milk. Then just take to the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until done. Cool on a wire rack.
FAQ’s about easy cinnamon bread:
Q: Can you add raisins to the cinnamon bread loaf?
A: Yes! You can add raisins, dried cranberries or any other nut or dried fruit you like. This is the great thing about this bread, it’s super customizable!
Q: Can you freeze it?
A: Totally! This loaf is freezer friendly, so you can make a large batch, slice it and freeze it. Once you are ready to eat just take straight to the toaster. The results delicious!
Q: What goes good on cinnamon bread?
A: Honestly? Almost anything! I love to eat it with a thin layer of cream cheese (tastes like a cinnamon roll and a toast had a child), with butter, and also love to have it with honey drizzle on top and some chopped nuts.
IF YOU LOVE THIS CINNAMON SUGAR LOAF QUICK BREAD RECIPES, SPEND A FEW MINUTES CHECKING OUT THESE OTHER AMAZING SPICED RECIPES YOU’LL ALSO LOVE:
- If you love cinnamon, make this easy cinnamon French toast bake! A comforting and warm breakfast everyone’s going to love!
- Or make these delicious pumpkin pie layer bars that are super indulgent and perfectly spiced.
- You can also make some Spanish churros and toss them in cinnamon sugar instead of plain sugar.
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Cinnamon Sugar Loaf Bread
Cinnamon Sugar Loaf Bread
This cinnamon sugar loaf bread is so indulgent and really easy to make. Incredibly fluffy and with the perfect hint of spicy cinnamon this is delicious as is or lightly toasted. Take any breakfast from boring to fabulous with a slice of this homemade loaf bread.
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Milk for brushing
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine all the dough ingredients. Knead for around 7 minutes, or until the dough is elastic and soft. Cover with a cloth and let it rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Transfer to a floured surface and roll into a rectangle. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and roll into a log. Transfer to a greased baking pan and let it rise for around 30 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush the tops with milk and take to the oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown and done.
Leave a Reply