These salted caramel cheesecake bars are simple to make and incredibly delicious. Sweet, salty, creamy and just a bit crunchy, they really hit the spot every time you make them.
A cheesecake bar is one of those indulgent pleasures of life. Creamy, thick, dense, it’s one of those desserts that can satisfy even the most difficult sweet tooth. However, most people usually don’t make them at home because they think it’s fussy and complicated and while traditional recipes can be this one is not.
These salted caramel cheesecake bars are as easy and straightforward as a recipe can be, and only take around 1 hour from start to finish. So if you are scared of making cheesecake at home then make sure you bookmark this one to try it out.
How to make salted caramel cheesecake bars:
- The first step is making the graham cracker crust. It’s as easy as mixing butter, cinnamon, crushed graham crackers and a bit of sugar together and then pressing it inside a baking dish. Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip up the filling. Beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add sour cream, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated and just a bit fluffy.
- Bake for around 40 minutes or until the corners are set and the center is still a bit jiggly. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Finally, drizzle with all the salted caramel sauce your heart desires.
Make sure you also grab our homemade caramel sauce recipe!
FAQ’S ABOUT MAKING THIS SALTED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE
Q: How long do cheesecake bars last?
A: Well, that’s going to depend on how fast you eat them. Jokes aside, cheesecake bars can be stored in the refrigerator for around 5 days. You can also freeze them. Freeze cheesecake bars last up to 3 months so they are the perfect make ahead dessert.
Q: Do you need to make a water bath for cheesecake?
A: Some recipes call for a water bath when baking cheesecake, the water bath provides moisture and ensures an even baking, it also prevents getting cracks on your cheesecake. This recipe however doesn’t need a water bath thanks to the generous addition of sour cream and baking it at a lower temperature.
Q: What should you put on top of cheesecake bars?
A: Literally anything you can think of. While I love how the salted caramel balances off the richness and sweetness of this recipe you can top them with anything you like: strawberry jam, fresh fruits, melted chocolate and even candies and peanut butter.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and share your experiences in the comments to help others that may have the same question.
IF YOU LOVE THIS SALTED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE, SPEND A FEW MINUTES CHECKING OUT THESE OTHER AMAZING CHEESECAKE RECIPES YOU’LL ALSO LOVE:
- These Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are to die for! Make a large batch because everyone will ask for seconds.
- Or make a fresh batch of these Blueberry Cheesecake Scones if you crave a cheesecake inspired treat that’s a bit less indulgent (and also breakfast appropriate!).
- And also check out this Pecan Cheesecake Pie and save it for those moments when you are craving a big slice of something comforting.
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 2 Cups crushed graham crackers
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
For the filling:
- 1 Package cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 Cup salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl combine all the curst ingredients, press firmly into the bottom of the prpeared baking dish and take to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let it cool. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Prepare the batter. In a bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy (around 4 minutes). Incorporate the rest ofthe ingredients and mix until slightly fluffy (around 3 more minutes).
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and take to the oven. Bake for 40 miinutes or until set in the corners and jiggle in th middle. Let it cool at room temperature or refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drizzel with salted caramel sauce and serve.