These delicious Blueberry Cheesecake Scones are the perfect snack or breakfast! Packed with blueberries and made with cream cheese and buttermilk they are indulging and flaky, just like a good scone should be. Best of all? They take less than 1 hour from start to finish.
There’s nothing quite as good as a flaky, warm scone coming fresh out of the oven. Bonus points if it’s packed with fruits and extra bonus points if it also tastes like cheesecake. Well, these blueberry cheesecake scones are just like that.
The best thing? They take less than 1 hour from start to finish to make! So that means that 45 minutes from now you could be eating a fresh batch of blueberry cheesecake scones made by you.
How to Make Blueberry Cheesecake Scones:
- Start by mixing all your dry ingredients into a bowl. Cut cold butter into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- In another bowl whisk the buttermilk, egg, cream cheese and lemon zest.
- Then just pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pat the dough into a circle and cut into triangles.
- And finally take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
FAQ’s About Making this
Blueberry Cheesecake Scones Recipe:
Q: Can I use heavy cream to make scones? Can I use half and half instead of buttermilk?
A: . Totally! You can use heavy cream or half and half when making scones if you don’t have buttermilk on hand.
Q: How can I warm scones?
A:. The great thing about Blueberry Cheesecake Scones is that they last perfectly for up to 4 days. If you want to warm your blueberry cheesecake scones before serving just place them in the oven at 320 degrees for 5 minutes. You can also warm your scones in the microwave if you prefer.
Q: Does my butter needs to be cold to make scones?
A: Yes! Your butter should be really cold or frozen to make scones that are light, flaky and crispy. You can also use frozen butter when making blueberry cheesecake scones.
Q: Can I freeze baked scones?
A: You totally can! Actually scones are a great treat to bake ahead and freeze. To freeze, tightly wrap your blueberry cheesecake scones. You can keep your scones in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and share your experiences in the comments to help others that may have the same question.
If you love this foolproof blueberry cheesecake scones recipe, spend a few minutes checking out these other amazing treat recipes you’ll also love:
- If you love blueberries then make sure to try this easy 3-ingredient blueberry pie bars. They not only need 3 ingredients but also take only 4 minutes of active time to make.
- These easy 4-ingredient Nutella rolls are the perfect quick dessert! A total family favorite and the easiest recipe you’ll find. The best way to serve them? Warm when they just came out of the oven
- Or make ahead breakfasts with a batch of Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins! A healthy recipe that’s packed with oats, fresh fruits and just the right amount of brown sugar.
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Blueberry Cheesecake Scones
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbls buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- Zest from one lemon
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Cut cold butter into the dry ingredients and combine.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk, egg, cream cheese, and lemon zest.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Fold in the blueberries.
- Slightly knead the dough and form a circle. Cut the cones and take to the oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until done.