These carrot cake cookies are everything you love about carrot cake wrapped up in a yummy cookie. Cream cheese filled and topped with a cream cheese frosting. One of my favorite cookie recipes!
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
I love carrot cake. It’s my very favorite cakes. I wanted to capture all of that flavor in these scrumptious cookies.
That combination of flavors with the amazing cream cheese frosting and a little crunch with diced walnuts on top is just everything.
These cookies are so easy to make, too, as all the hard work of carrot cake is simplified down to a carrot cake mix as the base.
That cuts out the unnecessary steps but keeps all the flavor.
Then, I just added an amazing cream cheese frosting on top with diced pecans. But there is a secret hidden inside these cookies.
One of my favorite parts of these yummy carrot cake mix cookies is the hidden pockets of cream cheese filling! You’ll mix in cream cheese just before scooping and baking so it stays somewhat separate leaving you amazing pockets of cream cheese inside.
They are a surprise inside each of the cookies that are so good and make the cookies really look extra special, too.
These carrot cake mix cookies are a cinch to make, and so delicious. I know you’ll love them, too.
If you love all things carrot cake, you’ve got to try our Carrot Sheet Cake recipe!
Easy Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Cookies
These carrot cake mix cookies are everything you love about carrot cake wrapped up in a yummy cookie. Cream cheese filled and topped with a cream cheese frosting. One of my favorite cookie recipes!
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies:
- Carrot Cake boxed cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. Beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together to create a cream cheese filling. Mix cream cheese filling into carrot cake batter by hand until the filling is dispersed, but not blended into the batter, being careful not to over mix.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough batter onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until edges are cooked and the center is still just a little soft. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, than transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- While your cookies bake, make the frosting by beating together butter, cream cheese, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add additional powdered sugar, if necessary, for desired consistency.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cooled cookies. Dip cookies frosting side down into a shallow dish of diced walnuts for garnish.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 19.7gSaturated Fat: 8.6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 27.3gFiber: .4gSugar: 25.1gProtein: 3.2g
Head over next to see our Cheesecake Sprinkle Cookies!
Featured later today on Monday Merry Link Party! Thank you for linking up! laura