This triple berry cake is incredibly easy to make and oh so delicious. Best of all? You only need a couple simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
When it comes to week night desserts I usually think of things like Jello or puddings that can be made in advance and refrigerated. Honestly my mind never goes to cake. That was until I discovered this triple berry cake.
This cake it’s not only incredibly delicious and oh so scrumptious, but it’s also really easy to make and really quick too, making it perfect for weeknight desserts or for a last minute get together (or let’s be honest, for any moment when you don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen). This cake is sure to be a huge hit and it’s a perfect summer recipe to use up all those fresh seasonal berries!
How to Make Triple Berry Cake
- The first step is to pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Use cooking spray to prepare your baking dish.
- While the oven is getting preheated, beat together the room temperature butter, sugar and Greek yogurt in a large bowl on a high speed. Add the egg, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Mix in the dry ingredients – flour and baking powder – into the cake batter on a low speed until smooth. You can use cake flour for an even more delicate and fluffy cake, but all-purpose flour also works just fine.
- Then, with the help of spatula, fold in the berries making cake layers with the batter and berries. Then, transfer the batter to a greased baking dish. Or, you can use parchment paper as a lining!
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cake is done. Let it cool on a wire rack.
Tip: To make a unique dessert for a fun presentation, you can even use a bundt pan! Or, cook in 1 inch cake pans and layer cake with a fresh whipped topping in between! That will taste like strawberry shortcake but with a beautiful presentation!
FAQs About Making
Triple Berry Cake
Q: Can I use frozen berries when making a berry cake?
A: Totally! You can use fresh berries or frozen berries. Both work perfectly fine.
Q: What can you serve with berry cake?
A: This is a great versatile cake so you can serve it as is or you can also serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Q: How long does it last?
A: While this cake is best the same day it is baked you can tightly wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 2 days or freeze it for up to a month. Once you are ready to serve you can pop a slice of cake in the oven or microwave real quick to make it warm again.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and share your experiences in the comments to help others that may have the same question.
IF YOU LOVE THIS FOOLPROOF TRIPLE BERRY CAKE RECIPE, SPEND A FEW MINUTES CHECKING OUT THESE OTHER AMAZING TREAT AND CAKE RECIPES YOU’LL ALSO LOVE:
- If you love blueberries then make sure to try this easy Glazed Blueberry Poppy Seed cake. Perfect for breakfast or for a dessert.
- Want something so easy? Try the easiest tres leches cake recipe! Sweet and a little bit of cinnamon spice in this moist cake!
- This 3-ingredient Peach Cobbler will be the perfect dessert recipe to keep on hand for your sweet tooth cravings and get togethers.
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes on your favorite social channel for more recipes!
Triple Berry Cake Recipe
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl beat together the butter, sugar, Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until incorporated.
- With the help of a spatula, fold in the berries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and take to the oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.