Confetti cake and sprinkles combine for these moist, delicious Sprinkles Birthday Cake Balls. A traditional birthday cake made easier to serve – grab a bite and go! Add candles for a miniature birthday cake!
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Sprinkles Birthday Cake Balls
Do you have any celebrations coming up? Maybe a special 1st, 2nd, or 3rd birthday?
Or an anniversary or graduation to celebrate?
Whatever festivities you have in the works, these darling, and so tasty, Sprinkles Birthday Cake Balls will be the hit of a party.
They make it easy to serve cake, no plates, no forks, just grab a cake bite and enjoy!
They are also great for portion control. If you can stick to just one.
It’s about half to a third the size of a cupcake, enough for a couple of yummy bites and all the flavor packed inside.
Add a couple of candles, before the melted almond bark hardens, and you’ll have a darling display for pictures when the Birthday child blows out their candles.
Inside the cake is so soft, with a cake and frosting all rolled into one and topped with a candy coating and sprinkles.
Sprinkle Birthday Cake Balls Recipe
Sprinkle Birthday Cake Balls
Confetti cake and sprinkles combine for these moist, delicious Sprinkles Birthday Cake Balls. A traditional birthday cake made easier to serve - grab a bite and go! Add candles for a miniature birthday cake!
- 1 box funfetti cake mix
- 1 tub rainbow chip frosting
- Almond bark
- Candy food coloring (optional)
- Bake your cake, following package directions, using a 9x9 or 9x13 pan.
- Crumble up the cake into crumbs. Then, add 1/2 to a full tub of frosting. The more frosting you add, the softer your cake balls will be.
- Use a cookie scoop to create even, consistent ball sizes, and roll in your palms, if needed, to pack together the cake balls.
- Chill for a half hour, or until firm.
- Melt your almond bark on the stove top or in the microwave, following package directions. Add candy food coloring, if desired, and stir until an even color.
- Dip your cake balls into the melted vanilla almond bark, using a fork to help you scoop out the cake balls. Place them onto a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Sprinkle with sprinkles right away, before the candy coating hardens.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve or in an airtight container.
You can store your cake balls for about 5 days in an airtight container, so they're perfect to make ahead of time for a party!
Get Recipes Right to your Inbox – Subscribe!
These are so cool, so colorful! I know my daughter would love to try making these with me. She’d be all about trying different colors and sprinkles.
Yum and love the fun colors. These would be great for birthdays or any spring event, even a babyshower would be fun.
valmg @ Mom Knows It All says
These look terrific! What a great idea for a birthday or any party. And I love that you can change up the colors to go with a particular theme.
Awesome idea for the little ones in your family, that you don’t want to commit a slice of cake to! They look delicious!
Jenna Wood says
Who doesn’t love sprinkles? and bite sized cake, yes please! I’ll have to whip these up for our next celebration.
Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook says
This is such a fun idea! I’d love to have these even on my birthday. 😀
Thanks for sharing!
What a cute idea with the candles! And the colours, I just love them! 🙂 xo
These look delicious. What a great treat for school to celebrate birthdays. I can’t wait to try them. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty