This Barbecue Chicken Pizza Twists recipe is easy to make from home and tastes great, too! It brings a fun twist to the dinner routine. These pizza bites are perfect as an appetizer, too.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Twists
We’re taking a fun new twist (literally) on pizza night!
This recipe is incredibly easy. It’s packed full of flavor.
You can make the whole recipe in 15 minutes.
Pick your favorite toppings, and get started with this recipe that will mix up your dinner routine with something fun and exciting.
It’s perfect to serve alongside our Italian Garlic Cheese rolls recipe.
Or whip up a batch of homemade marinara sauce for dipping.
The pizza twists are so much fun, the kids will love them!
We love the barbecue chicken flavor with a barbecue sauce and using your leftover chicken from the night or two before.
Plan ahead of time and cook an extra cup of chicken, the night before, and your dinner is fast and easy.
Just shred it up, and add your sauce, and top with cheese, spinach, and onions. Add a cup of marinara to the side for dipping!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Twists Recipe
- 1 can refrigerator pizza dough
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1 cup chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 tbls butter, melted
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly flour a baking sheet. Roll out the refrigerated pizza dough, or your own homemade pizza crust.
- Mix together shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, and diced onions. Spread the chicken mixture onto half your pizza dough. Lay spinach on top your chicken mixture.
- Fold over the additional half of the pizza dough, covering the pizza fillings. Use a handheld pizza cutter to slice the piece into 1″ wide strips. Cut one additional time the other direction, for strips about 1″ by 4″ so they are easy to pick up and serve.
- With lightly floured hands, slowly twist your pizza dough and fillings and return to the baking sheet.
- Combine melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Brush over pizza twists, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at for 9-10 minutes, or until golden. Serve with marinara, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 servings Serving Size: 2 pizza twists
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Recipe adapted from: Pepperoni Pizza Twists