There’s nothing better than waking up Saturday morning to the scent of freshly-made, hot off the iron, breakfast waffles. Get your family together around the breakfast table with these amazingly good, Homemade Applesauce Waffles.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Easy Applesauce Waffles
These Homemade Applesauce Waffles are soft and tasty and made completely from scratch! Making waffles with applesauce gives you a flavorful batter that’s not quite as dense.
Our Homemade Applesauce Waffles are a versatile breakfast food. They’re great to break apart and eat on the go, or gathered around the breakfast table with all of your favorite waffle toppings.
You’ll love your applesauce waffle so much that this homemade waffles recipe will become a go-to easy breakfast recipe family favorite!
How to Make Homemade Applesauce Waffles:
- Start by separating the egg whites from yolks, placing the egg whites in a mixing bowl and reserving the yolks for a later step.
- With a handheld electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks start to form. Slowly add sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine, making sure not to over-stir, the reserved egg yolks, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, applesauce, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Fold in egg white mixture just until combined
- Cook your homemade applesauce waffle mix batter right in a Belgian Waffle Maker, following your waffle iron’s directions.
- Top, if desired, with fruits, berries, syrup, etc!
NOTE: Makes 6 to 8 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron
FAQ’s About Making Applesauce Waffles Recipe:
Q: Can I substitute applesauce for oil in waffles?
A: Substituting applesauce for oil is a 1:1 ratio. So the 1 1/2 cup applesauce, will be 1 1/2 cup oil or vise versa.
Q: What toppings go good on waffles?
A: You can put all sorts of things on waffles. Top with syrup, whip cream, nuts, fruit, butter, ice-cream, crumbled bacon, cinnamon, jam, applesauce and much more.
Q: What are some different ways to eat waffles
A: Cut into handheld chunks to take on the go. Create an ice-cream sandwich by squishing a scoop of ice cream between two sections and sprinkling the edges with sprinkles. Create a dinner option by sandwiching chicken and lettuce or BLT toppings.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and share your experiences in the comments to help others that may have the same question.
If you love this Belgian Waffles applesauce recipe, spend a view minutes checking out these easy breakfast recipes you’ll also love:
- Try these Everything Pancakes, next! They are loaded with all your breakfast favorites – right in the pancake batter!
- You’re going to love this Easy Cinnamon French Toast Bake — it’s perfect for a brunch or breakfast for a crowd.
- These Easy Fruity Pebbles Banana Skewers are a fun and easy on-the-go breakfast option!
- For another fruity breakfast favorite, these Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins are delicious and easy!
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Belgian Applesauce Waffles Recipe
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, adding in
sugar towards the end.
- Combine remaining ingredients (including egg yolks) in a separate bowl and stir together, making sure to not over-stir. Fold in the whipped egg whites, until just incorporated.
- Cook in waffle iron according to waffle iron instructions.
- Top as desired, with whipped topping, nuts, fruit, berries, syrup, etc.
Makes 6-8 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 100mg Sodium: 500mg Carbohydrates: 56g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
Recipe uses: Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe