This Gnocchi Mac and Cheese is the perfect dinner recipe! Cheesy, creamy and topped with a parmesan and panko crust this recipe is going to become a family favorite, fast!
There’s nothing better than a cheesy and creamy gnocchi mac and cheese, except maybe a cheesy and creamy gnocchi mac and cheese that has a crunchy parmesan crust. A couple minutes of baking make the top golden brown and oh so delicious!
The secret to this super delicious comfort food recipe is using 3 different cheeses to make the cheese sauce. Cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan together to make the cheesiest mac and cheese of all.
The other great thing about this gnocchi mac and cheese recipe? It’s an adult favorite too! Since we change the traditional elbow pasta for a more refined gnocchi the result will be a dinner that will wow everyone
How to Make Gnocchi Mac and Cheese:
- You start by sautéing the gnocchi for a couple of minutes until golden.
- Then melt butter in a skillet. Add the flour and slowly pour in milk and broth.
- Remove from fire, and add the cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the gnocchi
- Melt some more butter, mix with panko and parmesan cheese and top the gnocchi.
- Bake for 15 minutes and you are all set!
FAQ’s About Making This
Gnocchi Mac and Cheese Recipe:
Q: What else can I add to mac and cheese?
A: . You can add everything to your gnocchi mac and cheese! This recipe is super versatile so feel free to incorporate whatever you wish. Bacon is a delicious option, so it’s spinach. You can also add some hot sauce, extra cheese or even broccoli.
Q: What meat goes with mac and cheese? What goes good with mac and cheese as a side dish?
A:. The great thing about gnocchi mac and cheese is that you can serve it as a standalone dish!
However if you want to add some protein to your mac and cheese you can serve it with simple roasted meats. Roasted chicken and barbecued ribs are traditional options. Another great option is to serve your mac and cheese with a hearty salad.
Q: Can mac and cheese be frozen?
A: Believe it or not you can totally freeze mac and cheese. Just cook according to directions and before baking wrap tightly in plastic wrap. You can keep your gnocchi mac and cheese frozen for up to 2 months.
Once you are ready to serve your homemade frozen mac and cheese just take directly from the freezer to the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until crispy and bubbly.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and share your experiences in the comments to help others that may have the same question.
If you love this gnocchi mac and cheese recipe, spend a few minutes checking out these other amazing pasta recipes
- Try a hearty and easy macaroni chili pasta It’s a cheap and easy recipe that’s filling and flavorful. It’s the perfect one pot meal!
- Or make this pizza pasta bake! It’s a delicious twist to pizza made with a bed of noodles and a lot of cheese.
- And if you prefer spicy meals then you need to try this spicy Italian sausage pasta. It only takes 20 minutes to make so it’s the perfect weeknight dinner.
Connect with Simple Sweet Recipes on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
- 4 Cups gnocchi
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Cup broth
- 1 Cup milk
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 Cup panko
- 1 Tsp paprika
- Salt and papper
Preheat the oil in a large skillet. Sauté the gnocchi until crispy, around 4 minutes. Set aside.
In another skillet melt butter. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in broth and milk and cook until slightly thick.
Add gnocchi and cheese and mix until incorporated. Remove from fire
Mix panko with paprika, add salt and pepper. Top gnocchi and take to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.