Homemade no-bake peanut butter cereal bars are a perfect quick breakfast or easy snack. Protein packed and drizzled with chocolate for a sweet & salty treat.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
This no bake cereal bars recipe couldn’t be easier! Think, an updated rice krispie treat, with peanut butter to make these so filling.
After whipping up the cereal bars, the fun part is drizzling on a little bit of chocolate and adding a salty pretzel.
This makes these peanut butter cereal bars stand out from the crowd and gives you that sweet + salty combo that is irresistible.
They’ll feel like a treat, and granted they still are, but they can work good as a fun occasional breakfast when you know you’re going to be running out the door.
Since they’re so filling and low mess it’s a great option.
But they’re also an ideal after school snack. A little something sweet, a lot of something sustainable to give your kids energy to burn.
The cereal and peanut butter are both solid ingredients to help this treat fill their belly.
Not that they won’t still beg you for food, that’s kids for you. And they’ll certainly beg for another one of these yummy treats.
These also make fun family night treats, the kids love to help make them by pouring in the cheerio’s and piping on the chocolate. An activity and treat in one = score!
Peanut Butter Cereal Bars Recipe
- 3 tbsp butter
- 22 large marshmallows
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pretzels
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium-sized pot, melt butter/margarine over medium heat. Add marshmallows and peanut butter and mix until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Fold cheerios into the marshmallow mixture. Once all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined, pour into lined pan and press down with wax paper so that the surface is even. Allow to set for about an hour.
- Once set, place the treats on a larger baking sheet (it’ll be easier to work with) and cut into rectangles.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle onto each Cheerio treat with a piping bag. Use the remainder of your chocolate to “glue on” your pretzel so that it sticks right on top of your Cheerio treat. Allow the chocolate to set and enjoy.