A no-bake chewy chocolate oatmeal bars recipe is perfect as a treat or after school snack. Just 5-ingredients and less than 10 minutes prep makes this recipe easy enough that the kids can help make it!
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
If you are in search of a no fuss microwave oatmeal bar, then this recipe is perfect for you. These are a no-bake chewy oatmeal bar with a chocolate topping, to add the perfect amount of sweet to these bars.
If you have any children, these are also a perfect treat to let them throw on an apron and help with.
These microwave bars, require no baking, you can whip them up and heat them up in the microwave, then toss in the fridge to chill when done! You might even have all the ingredients sitting in your pantry.
The chewy texture with the chocolate on top, is a perfect late night treat, pair with a cold glass of milk and just relax.
If you have little ones, this is a perfect recipe to let them join in and help you cook. They will have a blast measuring ingredients, stirring, sprinkling chocolate chips over the top, and mostly taste testing when finished.
Nothing is more fun to kids than being able to help create tasty treats with you. Plus it is a great life skill for them to begin to learn for when they grow up and leave home.
I was also going to say these bars have been a hit when I take them to family gatherings, everyone devours them. They think it took forever to make, but little do they know it is a ten-minute prep, and just waiting for them to chill is the hard part.
I don’t have a lot of self-control when it comes to sweets, and these bars are hard to resist!
You can also make these bars and give to new parents, who just came home from the hospital, paired with a freezer meal. Or give to a loved one as they recover from surgery, or anything else. You won’t be disappointed when you make these easy microwave oatmeal bars.
Chocolate Oatmeal Bars Recipe
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Yield 12 Oatmeal Bars
A no-bake chewy chocolate oatmeal bars recipe is perfect as a treat or after school snack. Just 5-ingredients and less than 10 minutes prep makes this recipe so easy, you can make it in the microwave!
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and brown sugar;. Then mix in the honey and butter. Press into a 9x6 microwave safe dish (or a 9x9 microwave safe dish).
- Microwave uncovered for 3 minutes on high. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over and microwave again at 30% for 4 minutes. Spread the chocolate chips over the top of the oats.
- Set the bars in the fridge for 20-25 minutes before cutting into bars.
Serving Size 1 oatmeal bar
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13.9 g
Saturated Fat 8.3 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 57 mg
Total Carbohydrates 33 g
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 1.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.