These toasted coconut cookies are so easy to make with just 3 ingredients and a few minutes prep. They are sweet and addictive, dip or drizzle with chocolate for a little something extra and you’ll almost have a homemade Samoas Girl Scout cookie!
Easy Toasted Coconut Cookies
These bite size 3 ingredient coconut cookies are a showstopper, guys! They are so quick to make, and jam packed with a sweetness that will please your guests! Plus if you love a gluten free diet, rest assured they are gluten free!
They combine sweet coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and some vanilla! The prep work as you can probably guess is minimal and the cookies bake pretty quick!
You can even dip part of them in some melted chocolate to add another flavor level and it gives them a cute look! But, rest assured you don’t need anything else to make these cookies delicious!
These are one item I love to make around the holiday season! They are very affordable to make and they are easy! They store nicely so when you make containers of goodies to hand out to neighbors and friends they will hold up! Plus they make the house smell amazing!
When I originally found this recipe, I thought how would they hold up to form a cookie and when baked. But with a little faith, I went to mixing, forming little balls and then came tossing them in the oven. I was prepared they might come out all melted all over the cookie sheet.
When I opened the oven I was surprised they were perfectly toasted coconut cookies waiting for me! I just thought this recipe was too good to be true, and just a few ingredients how could it work!
I am so glad I went out on a limb and tried them because now they are my go to for a lazy day treat! If I want something a little sweet I make these, as they are so easy to make!
Now do note, these babies are addictive! I think when anything is the smaller size it makes me think I can eat more of them to equal what I think is equivalent to one bigger one. 20 cookies later I feel a bit guilty, but they were so satisfying eating! Enjoy the recipe, everyone!!!
Gluten Free Toasted
- 5 1/3 cups (one bag) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring well.
- Grease a tablespoon or cookie scoop.
- Using the teaspoon or cookie scoop, measure out balls of the coconut mixture, roll into balls with lightly oiled hands and arrange onto the prepared baking sheet. Or simply drop mounds onto the baking sheet, and skip the rolling step.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.
- Carefully move to a wire rack to cool.