Affiliate links are used in this post.
Swedish Meatballs and Sauce
Need something fresh on your weekly menu?
This is it!
Swedish meatballs is an easy and inexpensive meal, but has so much flavor.
It completely breaks up your boring dinner rotation with a pop of something new and exciting.
There is so much flavor packed into the meatballs and the sauce completes the meal.
We like to serve Swedish meatballs on rice, but you can also serve your meatballs and sauce on a bed of noodles or on top of mashed or creamed potatoes.
Try this recipe this week. You’ll be glad you did.
Swedish Meatballs Recipe
Cook Time: 30 mins
Swedish Meatballs Ingredients:
- 1 lb Hot italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbls red cooking wine
- 1 tbls oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbls butter
- 2 tbls flour
- 1.5 tsp better than bullion beef base
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Combine hot Italian sausage, ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, red cooking wine, and seasonings to create your meatball mixture.
- Scoop a spoonful of meatball mixture and roll into a 1″ ball. Continue making meatballs out of all meat mixture.
- Cook the meatballs in a cast iron skillet, roll the meatballs about every minute to a different side until every side is cooked. While your meatballs are cooking, begin creating the roux
- Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet. Add flour and whisk until smooth to create your roux.
- Stir in beef base, water, and Worcestershire sauce, and heavy cream. Simmer for 10 minutes, until gravy thickens.
- Add meatballs into gravy and serve.
Sauce recipe adapted from: Almost-Famous Swedish Meatballs