Affiliate links are used in this post.
My best friend had been telling me about a chocolate lush her family would make at family gatherings for a few months. It’s also sometimes called “Butterscotch Delight.”
The other night we were together, and rummaging through my pantry looking for a fun recipe to make.
I found a couple of packages of butterscotch pudding. They were calling my name.
Butterscotch pudding is my favorite pudding flavor. It’s so rich and creamy.
This amazing layered dessert was everything I was hoping it would be, and more.
I had tasted each layer, licking the bowl, while making it, and they each were divine. I knew the recipe was going to be magical.
The layers are such a perfect combination, that this Butterscotch Lush is to die for.
Creamy layers, sweet layers, and then a magical graham cracker crush that ties it all together. Heavenly.
You can slice it into 9 big squares, and you’ll be happy you did, or cut them a bit smaller if you have a big group to share with.
The toppings really makes it such a pretty dessert, that it will be the first one devoured from the dessert table.
No matter what you know this recipe — Butterscotch Lush or Butterscotch Delight, it’s a keeper.
I’ve since tried the classic chocolate lush version, but the butterscotch is my very favorite! These flavors are just dreamy together.
Butterscotch Lush Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1.5 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2.5 cups milk
- 2 small packages butterscotch instant pudding
Whipped Cream Layer
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbls powdered sugar
- Butterscotch ice cream topping
- Chocolate bar, shaved
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
Cream Cheese Layer:
- Use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in 2 cups heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Layer over cooled graham cracker crust.
- Beat milk and pudding mix. If too thick, add a little more milk. You want it thicker than traditional pudding, but not so thick you can’t pour or smooth your pudding layer.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
Whipped Cream Layer:
- Beat heavy cream and powdered sugar, until it forms soft peaks.
- Spread over pudding layer.
- Chill 4 hours in the refrigerator, or until set.
- Drizzle warmed butterscotch topping across the top.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 1gSugar: 56gProtein: 6g