Super Soft Sugar Cookies
Yield 2 dozen
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3-4 cups flour
- Powdered Sugar Frosting (click over for the recipe)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until well combined. Beat eggs into the mixture.
- Add milk, baking soda, vanilla, lemon extract, and salt. Blend until well combined.
- Add 3 cups of flour, mixing in one cup at a time until blended.
- Slowly add one additional cup of flour, only if needed.. You'll want your dough to be slightly sticky but form a solid dough.
- Transfer dough to the fridge and allow to chill for an hour and a half or overnight.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough to 1/8" thick (not too thick, not too thin).
- Cut our shapes with cookie cutters and placed cut dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350*F. Watch for the cookies to just start to turn golden. If you cook them too long, they will not be soft.
- Frost with our Powdered Sugar Frosting recipe and store in an air-tight container.
Recipe by Simple Sweet Recipes at https://simplesweetrecipes.com/super-soft-sugar-cookies/