Hearty macaroni chili dinner recipe is easy and cheap to prepare. So filling with beans, hamburger, noodles, everyone will love this flavorful one pot meal.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Hearty Macaroni Chili
I love a good chili. The warmth, the spices, all the flavor.
Such a yummy, filling, hearty meal.
Chili is really one of our go-to dishes.
About half the time we’re cooking chili, we’ll throw in macaroni noodles and let them cook in the stew pot right alongside the chili.
It adds a totally different flavor and texture to the meal that makes it feel like something new and exciting, but all the flavors you love of chili.
Plus, you can cook it all together and just have one single dish to clean. Score!
Hearty Macaroni Chili Recipe
Cook Time: 25 mins
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbls minced garlic
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 2 tbls red wine vinegar
- 2 tbls Franks Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2 tbls chili powder
- 1 tbls pepper
- 1 tbls oregano
- 1 tbls crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tbls salt
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 box elbows macaroni noodles
- 1 cup water (if needed)
- Heat olive oil over a medium heat. Brown Italian sausage and ground beef with minced garlic.
- Add onion and bell pepper and let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar, red hot pepper sauce, and seasonings, to taste, continue to cook.
- Strain and rinse the kidney beans. Add kidney beans and diced tomatoes to the chili to cook.
- Add in noodles and additional water, if needed, to properly cook the noodles in the chili mixture. Continue to cook the chili following the package directions on the noodles for cook time. When the noodles are soft, the chili is finished (approximately 12 minutes).
- Optional: Top with sour cream and cheese.